Saturday, March 20, 2010

Symbolic Easter Lesson

I'm up way early in the morning, I hate it when you're mind just keeps going and your body says stop! But I do have to admit that some of my best ideas come to me when I'm in bed trying to go to sleep, and I just can't sleep without getting those thoughts out. Here's one of them. I hope you like it and can use it, I'd love to hear how it goes with your family! I have a lesson with my extended family tomorrow (Sunday) and I wanted to do something about Easter, not the store celebration, but the real reason, Christ dying for us and then rising again. I had the main part of the lesson that I wanted to share, but I didn't know how to present it, now I do!! I'm using this as a FHE Lesson but it could easily be used on Easter as an activity to do in between sessions of General Conference to get the wiggles out and to teach about the real reason for the season.

Items you will need:
- a ton of shredded paper, Easter grass
    OR if you don't want all that stuff or the mess!
      You can just hide the Easter eggs around the house
-12 Easter eggs
-1 nail
-1 sacrament cup (that'd be easy to snag if have a little kid that takes too long to get it back in the tray, or you could probably ask the ward clerk, or if push comes to shove keep yours)
-3 dimes
-1 piece knotted twine
-1 piece of hand soap
-1 piece of red cloth
-1 piece of white cloth
 (for the cloths if you go to Walmart and ask for 1 inch widths of each, it's a swatch so it's free - learn something new every day don't ya :)
-3 different lengths of sticks (small they need to fit in the egg)
-1 broken pot (the little ceramic pots- Michael's has them for about 70cents)
-1 stone
-1 bay leaf or cinnamon stick (I found bay leaves, at Walmart, in the spice/baking aisle, the brand that I found was Spice Islands)
-permanent marker or a piece of paper with the numbers 1-12 and tape them to the eggs or just number them so you know what number goes with what part on the page (see below)

Put each item in an egg and then either set up a spot with the grass or the shredded paper and put the eggs in there, or just hide the eggs.  (My FHE is at my grandma's house and I don't really want to pick up the mess of at least 10 kids rummaging through the mess so I'll be going early and hiding them).
Then here's a DOWNLOAD with the paper that talks about each item. Included on the page for each number there is a set of scriptures that go along with each.
Enjoy! Now I'm off to bed (9am) I hate when I can't sleep!!
                                                
(Background is for Preview only) Be sure to set printer margins to zero- or it says borderless.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...