Friday, August 10, 2012

Inactives

Please comment, I would love to know how you help inactives, whether large or small.... thanks!!

The last little while I have been thinking a lot of about the kids in my class that are inactive. * I have 8 that come on a pretty regular basis but if I had the inactives come I'd be almost close to 20 maybe just shy of that* I've been thinking of a way to not be too pushy but also to let them know that I'm thinking of them and missed them. Some of them I don't even know (would that be too forward to just go to their house and meet them?), but I still feel it's important to let them know who I am and what I'm doing. What do you think?

Any input would be appreciated because I'm still baffled but I am going to give this a try and see how it goes.

I made up a "newsletter" if that's what you want to call it. Basically the recap from the lesson and the challenge for the week. And a huge thank you to those that gave their input on Facebook about the inactives!! What I'm going to do is include an activity maybe coloring or a wordsearch, something fun, for 3 weeks I'll just mail it with the number card included each time (let's face it, one will not be enough). And then for 4th or 5th week I'll go visit.
Does that seem reasonable? Or would that be too much?

DOWNLOAD NEWSLETTER (sized at about 4x6 to easily fit into an envelope)






Questions? Trouble downloading? Email me at latterdaychatter@yahoo.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...