Tuesday, October 30, 2012

November Sharing Time WK 2

Come join in on the fun at the After General Conference Soiree, Sister Ann M. Dibb is up!

I can be a missionary by setting a good example.



Last month when I did the Sharing Time handouts for November, I skipped Week 2, not knowing what I would give as an idea. Let me first share something with you...
I love this blog, it allows me to bring out my creative side, but it also keeps me listening for promptings. I feel this little blog in the big wide world is a calling and when I ask for help, and am willing to listen, the most amazing things are created and this week is an example of such a prompting.
For this week, I have an object lesson for you...

Materials you will need:
2 clear plastic cups
Sand/Dirt
Glue
Candy (anything small will do, M&Ms, Skittles, etc)
Cookie Sheet
Chalk/Eraser
                                                                           
Photo Source
Preparation at home:
Using the cookie sheet as a "catcher", on one of the cups on the outside and on the inside, use the glue and put a layer on both. Then take your sand/dirt and put it over the glue on both sides, and do the "shaking" off and out of the cup. (you know those kids creations where they put the glue down and then use glitter than shake it off?- see picture) then let dry.

At Church:
 Pour some candy (for Senior Primary maybe have something "wetter" so that they can really see the dirt on the "treat) into each cup and set them out where the kids to see. On the blackboard have two signs or writeL Good and Bad
Ask them which they would rather eat... the dirty cup or the clean cup?

Explain that our friends, neighbors, teachers, etc watch us each day, some may know that we are members and others may not. And each day we have a choice to make how we will set an example to them. We can keep our lives dirty or clean, just like these cups, we may have something good to share (the candy) but if we are setting a bad example, but we have something good to share, those around may not want to drink out of our dirty cups. But as we keep our lives clean (show the clean cup) we will be setting a good example to those around us without even trying. Ask: What are ways that we can keep our lives clean so that we always set a good example? (Write their ideas on the board - read scriptures, go to church, etc) and discuss a few of them and why they are good. What are some bad things that some may to do to dirty our lives? (Write ideas on the board- swear, bully, etc)
Ask which do you think is better to help others want to follow and be more like Jesus. Let the kids answer. then read this scripture: Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matthew 5:16


Other Resources:

(right click and save for the coloring page)


I love the scripture videos, it quite literally makes all the heroes come to LIFE!!! I use them often in my Primary class by downloading them and  taking in my Nook. The kids love them!
If you would like to and there's time, here's videos from LDS.org for the scripture characters that the outline suggested. To download each:
Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego - video 2:14
Daniel and His Friends - video 1:35
Daniel and the Lion's Den - video 1:58 

From the Readers:
Rachel- If anyone is a week behind (we've been having Sacrament Program practice) feel free to use the video file I created. It has three scripture videos, a few correlating questions, and the missionary photos at the end of it. 
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=1DC1EFFB3EDC5683!133&authkey=!AI1lcPiOq66MKCk

 Please take a minute to share a comment, I love reading them! They keep making me want to give FREEBIES! It's always wonderful to know that what you are putting up and writing about is worthwhile and people enjoy them. Questions? Trouble downloading? Email me at latterdaychatter@yahoo.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...